Elder Law & Legal Resources on the Webby Goldfarb Abrandt Salzman & Kutzin LLP Goldfarb Abrandt Salzman & Kutzin LLP
Elder Law Related Legal Resources on the Web
- Access America for Seniors: a government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors (sponsored by the National Partnership for Reinventing Government and the Government Information Technology Services).
- National Senior Citizens Law Center: Current issues in Medicaid, Medicare, SSI, benefits and eligibility.
- Resources on Aging by the U.S. Administration on Community Living: Department of Health and Human Services
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys Home Page
- The National Council on the Aging
- National Health Law Program: A national public interest law firm that seeks to improve health care for America’s working and unemployed poor, minorities, the elderly and people with disabilities.
- Bet Tzedek Legal Services including Downloadable Resources.
- Nanny Tax Employment Taxes for Household Employers
- Americans with Disabilities Act Document Center
- CataLaw: Elder Law Sites
- Flying Solo: dealing with divorce and separation and matters affecting the elderly and disabled.
Reverse Mortgage Information
- National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association
- Reverse Mortgage Learning Center
- MLS Mortgage: Reverse Mortgage Advisors
- Senior Reverse Mortgage
- Reverse Mortgage Information from Reverse Mortgage Page
- Reverse Mortgage Guide: Things a Senior Adult Must Know Before Seeking a Reverse Mortgage Loan
- The Medicaid Information from Families USA The Voice for Health Care Consumers
- Medicaid Legal Information Letters from Neighborhood Legal Services, Inc. (Erie County, New York)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Medicaid Information
- New York State Medicaid Law, Updated with 2014 Income, Resource and Penalty Rates from Goldfarb Abrandt Salzman & Kutzin LLP
- Medi-Cal information from the Medi-Cal Policy Institute
- Medicaid Frequently Asked Questions from Goldfarb Abrandt Salzman & Kutzin LLP
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Info on Medicaid
- CMS’s State Medicaid Manual
- The Medicaid State Plan section of the CMS web site
Medicare and Social Security Information
- Official U.S. Government Web Site for Medicare Information
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: formerly Health Care Financing Administration -Information on Medicare/Medicaid.
- Social Security Administration’s Program Operations Manual System: SSI POMS
- Social Security Advisory Service (SSAS) offers Social Security disability resources for attorneys and claimants, but is not affiliated with the Social Security Administration (SSA) or any other agency.
- National Association of Social Security Claims Representatives: NOSSCR has a good list of links to Social Security info sites.
- HIICAP: New York State Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance: Medicare, Medigap, Long Term Care, Managed Care.
- Medicare Rights Center
Nursing Home Law
- California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform (CANHR)
- Nursing Home Compare: Information on every Medicare and Medicaid certified nursing home in the country
Elder Abuse and Neglect
Advanced Directives & Health Care Proxies
- Advanced Directives & Health Care Proxies from Partnership For Caring: America’s Voices For The Dying
Estate Planning Resources on the Web
Federal Government Resources
- Internet Law Library: (This was formerly U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library)
- FirstGov: A site to search federal government websites. A website to provide the public with easy, one-stop access to all online U.S. Federal Government resources.
- FirstGov for Seniors: a government-wide initiative to deliver electronic services from government agencies and organizations to seniors (sponsored by the National Partnership for Reinventing Government and the Government Information Technology Services).
- Thomas: U.S. House of Representatives’ Resource on Senate & House Bills in the current legislative session.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services: Info on Medicaid and Medicare.
- CMS’s State Medicaid Manual
- The Social Security Administration and The SSA Handbook
- Official U.S. Government Web Site for Medicare Information
- Department of Health and Human Services
- FedWorld access to government information services: operated by the National Technical Information Service.
- IRS home page with downloadable tax forms and publications.
- The Internal Revenue Bulletin (IRB) is the authoritative instrument of the IRS for announcing all substantive ruling necessary to promote a uniform application of tax law.
- Additional IRS Products Available Online (Actions on Decisions, Service Center Advice, IRS written determinations)
- Obtain an EIN on-line
- The Bureau of the Public Debt administers a securities investment program called Treasury Direct.
The Federal Courts
- Findlaw’s Supreme Court: Searchable Decisions from 1937 [a free service].
- Federal Courts: Directory of Electronic Public Access Services
- Recent U.S. Supreme Court Decisions from 1990 – present
- U. S. Federal Circuit Courts: All Known Contact & Access Information
Federal Statutes and Regulations
- Hypertext Internal Revenue Code
- Searchable U.S. Code
- United States Code (Cornell)
- U.S. Code Table of Popular Names
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel: The Office of the Law Revision Counsel prepares and publishes the United States Code
State Law Resources
- ALSO! (American Law Sources On-Line) provides a comprehensive, uniform, and useful compilation of links to all on-line sources of American law that are available without charge (Covers U.S., Canada & Mexico)
- Municipal Codes On-line: nation-wide list of links to city and county codes on the World Wide Web.
- Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA): Quick Access to Tax Forms from All States
- Illinois Court Decisions: Illinois Judicial System Online – Office of the Reporter of Decisions Opinions of the Supreme and Appellate Courts
- Medi-Cal information from the California Health Care Foundation
- New York Legal Materials (Cornell)
New York State Resources
- New York State Web Resources
- N.Y. Consolidated Laws, Session Laws, Legislative Bills
- New York State Assembly New Web Site & Bill Locator
- New York State Senate Web Site & Gopher
- N.Y. Health & Welfare Regulations: Title 10 and 18
- New York Agency Materials (OTDA & DOH) including Administrative Memos, Informational Letters from Western New York Law Center
- New York OTDA Policy Directives (ADM & INF): 1990 to present(Includes Medicaid to 1996)
- NYS DOH Medicaid Library of Official Documents (ADM, INF & GIS): 1996 ñ present
New York State Judicial Branch
- New York State Court of Appeals Decisions (Office of Court Administration)
- New York Slip Opinion Service
New York State Executive Branch
- New York State Office for the Aging
- New York State Department of Health
- NY Housing: Special Rights of Senior Citizens
Law School Resources
- The ABA List of Law Schools
- Wake Forest University School of Law: The Elder Law Clinic
- Internet Legal Resource Guide: University of Texas
- The Legal Information Institute at Cornell Law School
- Recent U.S. Supreme Court Decisions
- Full U.S. Code
Some General Legal Resource Locators
- Internet Law Library (This was formerly U.S. House of Representatives Internet Law Library)
- Ethics Resources
- Rominger Legal Services On-line Research Page
- Law Guru: Over 340 Search Engines for Legal Research & How to Subscribe to Mailing Lists
- Law Library Resource Exchange
- Findlaw’s Index of Legal Resources
- Internet Legal Resource Guide
- Attorneys at Work: Legal Placement for Attorneys
- National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators: Have you lost your money? This page will give you all the information you need to find out if you have unclaimed property.
- Immigration Information from Fitzgerald & Company
Some ElderCare & Miscellaneous Related Resources on the Web
- SeniorAssistance.net is a site specifically with the elderly in mind. It is setup to extend help, guidance, and provide links to the products and services that cater to senior citizens.
- MySeniorCare: find up-to-date information on home health care agencies assisted living facilities hospice nursing and more.
- SeniorHomes.com is a resource for finding local senior residential options. It has information on nursing homes, assisted living, memory care and retirement communities, as well as articles on important senior housing topics.
- Assisted Living Source is a comprehensive directory which can help you find the right Assisted Living Community, Nursing Home, Retirement Community, Alzheimer’s Care Facility, or Independent Living Community.
- Assisted Living Directory is a directory of facility information.
- SeniorAdvisor.com provides prices & ratings for senior communities.
- Home Care Profile is a comprehensive directory which can help you find the right Home Care Service.
- The Merck Manual of Geriatrics. 2d Edition (On-line)
- Eldercare Web
- Alzheimer Solutions
- International Association for Financial Planning
- ThirdAge: A Web community of active older adults, 50+ and seniors. Features chat, free stuff, discounts, health care, computers, retirement, investing, care giving, travel, news, and more!
- Transitions, Inc: Elder Care Consultants
- Elder Information and Assistance: a resource that provides professional assistance and links to the information about aging issues
- Senior Resource: housing and lifestyle choices and how to plan and pay for them
- Mr. Long-Term Care: news and information on aging, caregiving and long-term care
- CareGuide.com: diectories, articles, newsletters & tools for Elder Care & Child Care
Other Non-Internet Resources
- Statewide Senior Legal Hotlines funded by Older Americans Act, Legal Services and State Bar Associations.